Sunday, July 8, 2012

the Sun and the Nudes and the Drawings

Today was all about relaxing. I kept my foot rested and iced. The swelling has gone down and the purple has come out. A fair trade I believe.

I spent about half an hour napping in the sun in just a pair of shorts and a sleeping mask. Too bad the shorts are mandatory in our society. Our neighbor sunbathes nude. I discovered this when I tried to return a tool without calling first last month. He was cool with it. His yard is completely enclosed in trees so he has a reasonable expectation of privacy. I don't. If I had my druthers I would probably just wear shoes and socks most of the time anyway. Clothes are annoying.

I've been doing more and more nude art lately. I've been drawing people since I was in 4th grade but always in a comic book or cartoon style. I've been trying to get more realistic poses and proportions. So far I've drawn 3 males and 4 females. These have all been from photo references from stock websites or from my imagination. I would love to be in a class with live models. I would probably have to draw in something larger than a baseball card for those though.

Once I finish the Galaxy Scouts comic book I'm going to put my mind to some larger life drawing projects just to improve my skill.

In order to keep the blog family friendly I'll point you toward my gallery.

Card of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment