Monday, July 9, 2012

Life Drawing and Lessons in Pain

I decided today that I really need to get into a life drawing class at some point. I have reached a plateau in drawing and while they are a lot of fun the size of the art cards is limiting me. I need to move from small to large. The problem is that classes run from $25 an hour and up in this area. I can go a certain distance by people watching but I don't self teach particularly well. I also tend to insulate myself from outside critique, which is generally not useful.

It was suggested by a friend that I could host drawing sessions at my house, charge $10 per person to pay for a model (or seek volunteers) and go from there. I'm not sure if I have the connections to set that up. I would need several artists to make it worth while and contacts with willing models. It would end up being like a writing group as far as education. I'll have to mull it over. If you are an artist in the Mill Creek area who would be interested in something like that let me know.

I felt really good when I woke up this morning. My foot is sore but I didn't need the cane most of the day. I got some work done. I played games with my son. I watched part of a Harry Potter movie.

But somehow all the little things that didn't bother me glommed together into one big ache in the toe. I'm barely walking at this point. The ice is helping. The pain killers I can take in another hour will help even more. I need to learn the lesson that pain is the body's way to telling you to take it easy.

Card of the Day: Moaning Myrtle






No comments:

Post a Comment