Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer Art Times

Summer in the Seattle area sometimes comes with about a week of sunshine bracketed by weeks of chilly weather and rain. This weekend summer hit and we ran north to Anacortes. A family tradition for as long as I can remember has been to go to the annual Arts (and formerly Crafts) festival. Temps went over 85 as we patrolled the canopy lined streets filled with artisans hawking paintings, sculptures, jewelry, and arts and crafts of all sorts. Caleb played with a wind up wooden boat, and we watched painters, chainsaw carvers, glass blowers, metal smiths, print makers, and musicians demonstrate their art. My foot held up pretty good until near the end when it started hurting and I had to go home.

We saw my brothers Bud and Mark, my sister-in-law Kathy, my Mom, and my niece Katie which made the day even better. I don't get to see my family nearly enough and I treasure when I am able to see them.

Now I am home again. Caleb stayed in Anacortes to attend vacation Bible school. My job today has been to clean my den from top to bottom. I need to put a couple dozen items on eBay this week and get some art cards done too. Perhaps I should turn off the computer and get to work on that.

Card of the Day


No comments:

Post a Comment