Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New Art Week

This week has been filled with art. I've been racing to get cards done for many of the artist trading card (ATC) swaps I'm committed to. 4 Sailor Moon and 3 Teen Titan cards have been finished as well as 4 random themed ones. Next are 4 based on the worlds of Joss Whedon.

I'm getting better in some areas and not progressing in others. I think some of my portraits are getting better. I love the Raven card and the Sailor Mars one is pretty good too.

I'm still struggling doing full bodies in such a small format. I need to get some smaller pens which will help a little but 2.5 x 3.5 inches is smaller than I'm comfortable drawing people.

I'm contemplating my next swaps to host. Artistic Nudes and Teen Titans end on Wednesday. I've really enjoyed the nudes swap and I will likely do another, perhaps broadening the theme. I'm thinking of a sailing ship themed one also.

Here are some of the cards I've completed this week:









2 comments:

  1. Great cards, Michael! Love the Sailor Scouts. :) I'm back on the trading horse, as it were, so let me know when you host another swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad to see you are coming back to trading. I will be starting another couple of swaps probably on Monday. One will be an open themed nude swap (no sex) and the other may be for large ships, I'm not sure yet. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete