Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Creating or Over Committing?

Well, the next month or so is going to be interesting.  I have a LOT of creative work to do.  I usually do this once a year and get a lot done.  Normally it isn't quite this much but I think I can handle it.

June

1 Male Nude art card for a swap.  Initial posing is started.  Goal is June 26.
1 Wonder Woman drawing for my sister-in-law, Kathy.  Initial posing is started.  Goal is June 28
1 Female superhero art card for a swap.  Goal is June 30
1 Undersea critter art card for a swap. Goal is June 30

July

24 page zine for the 24 Hour Zine Thing. I am cheating a bit because I must have a plan in place before I start or I will be starting off the month behind and that isn't acceptable.  This will likely be either a series of kid craft tutorials or a 24 page comic.  I'm not sure yet.  Goal is July 1

Kid Power:  I need to get my kid friendly role playing game into playtest condition.  I'm about 1/4 of the way done adapting it from a home brew Star Wars game we played last summer and Citizen Squad, a kid friendly zombie apocalypse table top miniatures game I've been tooling around with for years.  With my luck I'll get done and someone will say, "Oh, that is exactly the rule system they use in THIS game!"  Goal is July 6.  If I got off my butt I could use this for the 24 hour zine.  Hmm.  I could get the writing done in advance and then add art and formatting and cool stuff to make the zine.  So many choices.

50,000 words:  Camp Nanowrimo - The summer version of National Novel Writing Month.  The idea of writing a novel while dodging holidays is just too daunting to do again.  I've completed Nanowrimo 3 times but none of the novels are really readable.  This one probably won't be either and that is okay.  I know I'm not really a novelist.  I haven't settled on a story yet, but it might be set in the Kid Power RPG universe.

4 Favorite Flora/Fauna art cards for a swap.  The cards need to be in San Francisco on August 1 so my goal is July 25.  I may try to get them done in June just to get them off my plate.

It has been a while since I updated the blog with my art.  Here are some recent art cards I made.  They are for a swap that entailed mixing Star Trek with a favorite cartoon.  Here are Captain Lisa Janeway, Captain Raphael Picard, General Daffy Chang, and Hello Nurse Chapel!  I used thinner paper than my normal Bristol (need to buy more tomorrow!) and the scanner picked up on a few colors and shades that aren't in the original cards.  Oh well.


If you link to my art please credit Michael Sean Dyer and link back to this page.  Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment